Re:Re: best 3-foot dish for G3RUH patch?

>On Sat, 2003-08-02 at 17:00, Wayne Estes W9AE wrote:
> > I've looked at the DH Satellite web page and they advertise a 3-foot dish
> > for $62.  It's even painted I think.  But the specifications page doesn't
> > give the specifications for any dishes smaller than 1.2m.  So I can't
> figure
> > out the F/D of the 3-foot dish.  I would like something with a F/D of
> > 0.35.  Preferably 0.3, same as my G3RUH 2-foot dish.

The specs for the smaller dishes are there, but you have to dig for
them.  The F/D is perfect for your needs.  I have one of these dishes with
a G3RUH patch and the performance is excellent.  The folks at DH are
extremely friendly and easy to deal with, but do it by phone.

http://www.dhsatellite.com/Specifications/24''%20to%2039''.htm

0.9 meter, 36 inches
Aperture Efficiency K Band - 71%
KU Measured Gain @ 12 GHZ: 39.7
Weight 6.5 #
Area: 7 sq. ft.
Material: 3003
F/D Ratio: .3
Wind Force @ 60° @ 100 MPH: 340 #
Antenna Noise at >>45 degree look angle = 48 deg./K
G/T @ 11.95 Ghz. = 16.3 db/deg. K LNB