Re: best 3-foot dish for G3RUH patch?

On Sat, 2003-08-02 at 17:00, Wayne Estes W9AE wrote:
> I've looked at the DH Satellite web page and they advertise a 3-foot dish
> for $62.  It's even painted I think.  But the specifications page doesn't
> give the specifications for any dishes smaller than 1.2m.  So I can't figure
> out the F/D of the 3-foot dish.  I would like something with a F/D of 0.3 to
> 0.35.  Preferably 0.3, same as my G3RUH 2-foot dish.

I measured mine (39", 1m) and it was .3xx, .338 is in my head but i
don't remember for certain, I can find out again tonight if no one else
knows.  Karl, K5MAN has the 36", so contact him and he might have the
numbers for that one.

> Also, does DH satellite ship 3-foot dishes in cardboard boxes, or do you
> have to pay the $40 crating fee?

I was told that up to 36" can be UPS shipped, anything greater (namely
the 39") has to be crated.  I went up to their location and picked the
39" up.  They say they do not get many requests for the 39", but I
figured for the same price, it was worth the extra 3"...

> I sent them an email a long time ago and never got a reply.  Never got
> around to calling them.

That's kind of odd.  They're very nice people to work with, I think I
called at the beginning bypassing email.