Re: New baseline for GEO (+SSB)

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 08:16:04 -0400 (EDT)
Bob Bruninga <bruninga@usna.edu> wrote:

> New Idea for Super Geo!
>
> WAS: If we put all the spacecraft power (say 100W) into an FM donwlink
> then every mobile in the hemisphere could tune it in.  Total operating
> time would be about 2 or 3 hours of scheduled directed nets a day.
>
> NEW: If we put all the power into a SINGLE SSB downlink (FM uplink)
> then we can use it maybe 24 hours a day!  BUT it eliminates 99.5% of
> all mobiles being able to hear it (unless they carry an SSB)..

If your thinking of an FM uplink with a SSB downlink, I was just
wondering how difficult it would be to have several FM uplinks going
into one ssb transponder.  Would this allow several signals at once
without alot more power drain?  I also don't know how difficult this
would be or if you have enough time to get this done.

Just an idea.