AO-40 and Trees

Hello.

    I have been making contacts on UO-14 with an arrow antenna for a while
now and want to move up to AO-40.  I have a Kenwood TS-2000 and want to
start building a half way decent station, but before I spend too much money
on antennas and rotors, I have a question.

    I have a row of 50-60 foot oak trees behind the house which I would have
to aim through to hit AO-40.  I can work UO-14 through these trees with
little signal loss, but what can I expect  when trying AO-40?  What would be
a better antenna?  A BBQ dish?  A yagi? How are the "pre-built" systems sold
by N3IYR, K5GNA or others?

    I am very much a newbie to this and would appreciate any help.

    73

Mike Sheleheda
K4MTS
Fairfax, VA