Re: Dish questions for you guys

>   Also, should I invest in a DEM (or
>some other) preamp or is it just going to raise the noise level?

I would not be without my DEM preamp at 2.4 gigs, worth every penny, and
then some.  I use it with three different converters, one of them from DEM...
Steve is probably the most helpful vendor you will ever meet, give him a call..
I've been using his gear for as long as he has been DEM, and before that even..

Ron, just paste some ~1" mirror pieces around the dish, and point at the
sun to determine ~feed point.....It will be very close to what was there to
begin with, but as you experiment with feeds, and you will!! the trick
comes in handy...

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....