Re: Re: New baseline for GEO (rev-1)

>Also, I am assuming that these small-ish antennas have significant
>sidelobes.  I am therefore planning to run some calculations using a Tsky of
>290K for 70cm, as it seems reasonable that the small 70cm antenna will be
>listening to the warm earth, even when pointed at cold sky (eg approaching
>5K at elevation angles above 30 degrees).
>
>I will also be using a best-case Tsky of 290K for 2m, and a worst-case Tsky
>of 2000K.

Hi Chris,

Yes, I for one would look forward to that.  You know I have done some
experiments with your relay program using minimal antennas in hopes that
AO40 would have those modes.  They really performed well on the low orbit
birds, but geo??

>Comments anyone?

Yes, I think a geo is real "pie in the sky"!!!  But perhaps there is some
new technology out there that I am unaware of!!

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....