Re: AO40 DX packetcluster spots

 I just tried a spot (again) at Kolumbus.com and had to put in a 70cm or 2m
freq. When I post a spot there, it usually makes it into the local 2m packet
cluster. So I guess I'm saying that if the local packet cluster makes it in
as 2401.0000 , Kolumbus won't pick it up anyway...
 As most know, the best AO-40 spot's can be found at ....

http://www.artieda.net/hb9dri/ao40logger/default.asp

 I also started a group at yahoo called satdx....

 I had hopes of quicker  turnaround then observed at AMSAT BB for LEO
spot's. I'm getting anywhere from 4 minutes to 30 minutes TTP. I also tested
sending an APRS email message to the yahoo group, it doesn't make it, even
though I get an ACK back. It makes it to my home email address in about 10
minutes, and I also receive an ACK from the email server acknowledging the
fact that it got the email message and forwarded it from my HT. But Yahoo
never post's it. I'm sure this can be worked out. Anyway the AO40logger
site is the best for AO40. I don't see the satdx idea working on the LEO's!
So it seems the only advantage to using satdx is there isn't all the longer
message type of activity, so if one wanted to rx email messages on their
cellphone, or Palm, the airtime would be less , as dx messages would only be
sent. I'm traveling alot at work lately, 3 to 4 week a month, and I
sometimes live in places that don't have internet service, as a local call.
Just last week I rented a cabin on a mountaintop  in FN32, the good news
was, I worked EU's , and to the west coast on 20m QRP. The bad news was the
cabin didn't have a  phone!  Great cell coverage though....

73 Jeff kb2m