Re: Squint

Ok,  so it wasn't just me...

I was on AO-40 today and also found the beacon a good bit higher in
frequency
than I expected.  MA was around 120, and I finally found the beacon at an
indicated 2401.358, when it's usually in the .330's or .340's near apogee.

I also had a really hard time getting into the bird with a UHF uplink;
managed to
work K6SAT, but I was barely readable to him, and he to me.  Others on the
band were much easier to copy.  When I did get in, it took my flame thrower
at full power (about 100w); with a squint of 3 degrees, I should have had
LEILA
all over me, but either she was asleep, or something else was going on.

Did something change up there?

Greg  KO6TH