RE: Parallelling UP/DOWN Connections

Hi Jim

> Didn't Howard show how to do this using an FT-290? I think it's on his
> website.

I did something slightly different in that rather than using the MIC
Up/Down, I hooked up the rotary encoders of the uplink and downlink radios.

Originally I tried just connecting the encoders together using a resistive
and diode OR technique. This worked but not very well. I eventually put an
intelligent PIC unit between the two which I still use regularly and is
still running off the same PP3 9V battery I put in it nearly 2 years ago!

Both versions are described at
http://www.g6lvb.com/satellite_passband_frequency_tra.htm.

73 Howard G6LVB