Re: Sound input to Phil's FEC pkg?

On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 13:26, Phil Karn wrote:
> Geoff wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >    Has anybody on the list had Phil's FEC package working with Mandrake
> > 9.0 and a soundblaster audigy card? I have been able to install and test
> > the FEC package without trouble but feeding it sound is giving me fits
> > :-[ . I have all of the various KDE sound packages working OK but I have
> > had NO joy with bplay, brec or rawrec ?? Any help would be most
> > appreciated.

You mention having all the various KDE sound packages working OK....
This might include arts which I think is what they use as a sound
daemon.  It muxes several arts aware programs onto one sound device, but
most of the time has a nasty habit (esound, any sound daemon for that
matter) of blocking access to the sound device.

So, you might turn off/kill/disable any KDE sound daemons so that rec
will be able to access the sound device.

Ryan Butler, KB0JQO
rbutler@tsss.org