Fw: Uni_Trac 2003 Release

Below this email is the announcement by Dave Lamont on the new Uni_Trac
2003 software and hardware.  The Uni_Trac 2003 software is backwards
compatible with the "metal" cased Parallel port Uni_Trac 2000 units and
therefor owners of the UniTrac 2000 metal cased hardware can take full
advantage of the new software (download for _free_ at
http://www.etelectronics.com/uni_trac_2003.htm) - be sure to download the
correct "install" version and also the "update".

The new Serial/USB hardware should be available soon and this will allow
you to track and tune via a single USB port (requires a USB to serial
adapter) or via a single Serial port.

Two of my favorite new features are the new "CTCSS" encode support for
satellites like SO-50 and support for Doppler tuning of satellites like
ISS/PCSAT where the TX and RX are in the same band - both of these features
work on certain radios (see below).

Here is the full set of Uni_Trac 2003 features ...

o "Map" interface in addition to familiar "Control Panel" interface
o Support for new Serial Based hardware (allows use of USB to serial
adapters)
o AutoTracking feature that allows up to ten satellites to be tracked and
tuned automatically on a prioritized basis
o Keplerian update facility (requires Internet connection)
o "Serial" hardware supports four independent Radio channels, 2 x RS232, 2
x TTL, allowing four radios to be connected permanently. Any two of the
four can be software selected automatically on a satellite by satellite
basis. (No mechanical switching required.)
o Six different radio and frequency configurations of the same satellite,
can be automatically selected by MA, (Mean Anomoly) for AO-40 type or
similar use.
o "On the fly" in session adjustment of down-converter, satellite
transponder LO frequencies, uplink and downlink frequencies
o Automatic selection of CTCSS on transmit frequency for satellites like
SO-50 that require it - Works on IC-910, TS-2000, FT-736, and FT-847
o Doppler tuning for satellites like ISS and NO-44 with same band TX and
RX - Works on the
TS-2000 and FT-847
o Pre AOS sensing of antenna flipping requirements with Auto flipping or
user's manual choice.
Antenna forced into G5500 azimuth rotator extended section when required by
pre AOS sensing to avoid needless flipping requirements
o Direct interface to the Yaesu G5500 AZ/EL controller. (The Yaesu GS-232
unit is not required)
o Seamlessly interfaced to Nova, SatPC32, Wisp, WinOrbit and WXtrack.
o Fully transparent "One TRUE Rule" Full Doppler Tuning associated with the
35 radios in the interface list.
o Mixing and matching of HF/VHF/UHF/SHF  Rigs on a satellite by satellite
basis.
Serial baud rates of 1200, 4800.9600, 19200, 38400, 57600 selectable for
Rig control
o On screen frequency tuning and control manipulation of  Icom PCR -1000
receiver.
o Horizon Contour look up table that allows horizon obscuring to be
tabulated and used by the Uni_Trac 2003 program

See http://www.etelectronics.com/Uni_Trac_files/flyer.doc for a brief
overview.

We have created an extensive "Uni_Trac 2003 Getting Started Guide" which is
available at: http://www.etelectronics.com/uni_trac_2003.htm in .pdf format
(requires Adobe Acrobat

For support on the new Uni_Trac 2003 software and hardware please try the
Uni_Trac mailing list first, as it will take a little time for the vendors
to get up to speed on the new software and hardware, and I have been using
it for several months now doing Beta testing - I'll be glad to assist you.
I do administer a Uni_Trac mailing list to allow Uni_Trac users and vendors
a place to exchange ideas and information.  To join the Uni_Trac users
email list simply send a blank email to unitrac-subscribe@topica.com

DISCLAIMER: I have no monetary interest in Uni_Trac - I am just a satisfied
user of the product.

I hope you enjoy the new Uni_Trac 2003 as much as I have.

73's

Don Woodward
KD4APP
AMSAT 33535