Re: FEC and Soundcard

On 31 Jul 2003 at 12:22, Phil Karn wrote:

> James Murray wrote:
> > Is there a sound card program that will copy the FEC from the AO-40 beacon.
>

> I am particularly interested in seeing how the demodulator section of my
> package performs compared with other PSK demodulators in both hardware
> and software.
>
> See http://www.ka9q.net/ao40/
>
> Phil
Have the program running on a 1ghz mother board with on board sound
card, also on a 160mhz Thinkpad 380ed.
VK5DG came out to my qth last week with his Thingpad380d and FT817
2.4ghz ant was 4 turn helix on 125mm gound plane NO DISH ! copied tlm
to impossible squint angles. No problems.
Have pix if anyone one wants.
Hope to have my G3RUH hardware tlm board back in operation soon for
comparision test
BTW linux SuSE 7.2 is used.
73 ron vk5akj (acheyJ)