Uni_Trac 2003 Release

Hi,

Unfortunately I have had to withdraw my  self powered, full USB version
of Uni_Trac. The 1000's of dollars of certification fees, bi annual fees
for the Vendor ID, etc, etc, etc, make the project un-marketable in the
relatively limited amateur radio arena.

The new Uni_Trac 2003 USB/Serial hardware is a versatile alternative.
Although the Serial interface may appear to be a backward step, its use
allows Uni_Trac 2003 to be used with machines ranging from a 66 MHz
486 to the latest 2.8 GHz laptops. The serial interface can be provided
by actual physical ports on the older machines or by use of a relatively
inexpensive readily available USB to RS232 adapter.

The new hardware/software package has been exhaustively tested
by Don Woodward. KD4APP

The new software for Uni_Trac 2003 is also backward compatible and
may be used with the existing Uni_Trac 2000 parallel port hardware.
(A full re-install is necessary. Refer to the Website below.)

A 40 page PDF format manual describing the new version is available
online.

In addition an update  (v2.2.16) to the existing parallel port software is
available on line. This upgrade fixes the problem of initialization of the
Icom IC_910 in Uni_Trac 2000.

Full information and all software is available from the manufacturing and
sales organisation's Web Site at  www.etelectronics.com

73

Dave Lamont  ZL2AMD   lamontd@paradise.net.nz