Sound input to Phil's FEC pkg?

Hi Guys,
    Has anybody on the list had Phil's FEC package working with Mandrake
9.0 and a soundblaster audigy card? I have been able to install and test
the FEC package without trouble but feeding it sound is giving me fits
:-[ . I have all of the various KDE sound packages working OK but I have
had NO joy with bplay, brec or rawrec ?? Any help would be most appreciated.

        73 de Geoff, vk2tfg
        QF22hc.45