RE: Re: RE: Geo Opportunity

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Robert McGwier wrote:

> How do you "point at the galactic center" with your omni
> antenna on the satellite?

Yes, I realized that as soon as I hit send...
So I guess we forget the radio shack uplinks at 25 W  (Thank goodness.
talk about an aligator problem that would be...)  But a good HF rig maybe.
But now I need to go back and re-compare to what the 70cm uplink would
require.  A down side to requiring a BIG UHF uplink for SuperGeo is that
then those stations will QSY to AO-40 and be 13 dB overkill there...

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

MIM/Mic-E/Mic-Lite  http://ssdl.stanford.edu/mims/