Re: great month for DX on AO40

Wayne,
No question about it, this has been a great "DX season" on AO-40.  Some other rarely-heard entities (for N.A., anyway) I have worked this year on AO-40 also include:  GJ6LVB, CX2AAI, ES1RF, HL5OC, T88IY, UY2QQ & UU9JJ, FR1GZ, and GI0KOV.  I have been working with Andrew, HK4MKE, who has shown interest in AO-40 now that the LEO fleet is diminishing.  Maybe we will have Columbia on AO-40 soon :-)

The trend of HF DX-ers taking some simple, portable AO-40 gear seems to have momentum.  Your loaner system has put two new entities in my log (7P8NK & 3DA0WC).  Thanks!  Perhaps someone (who really knows) would comment on the sun angle situation for AO-40 in late October when CQWWDX occurs?  That might be the next "big window."  The week between Christmas and New Years has been good the last two years as well.
73,
Jerry, K5OE