great month for DX on AO40

I worked 5 new entities on AO40 during the month of July, bringing my total
entities worked up to 128:

5T6M   Mauritania DXpedition
YL2LW   Latvia
7P8NK   Lesotho DXpedition
CT3/CT1EAT   Madeira DXpedition
3DA0WC   Swaziland DXpedition

There was lots more interesting DX on AO40 this month:

GD6LVP/P (Isle of Man) during the first weekend in July
KH2 (Guam) by a Japanese ham
A22BP (Lesotho) Nori operated portable to have windows with N. America
8J1RF (Antarctica) operated one pass for the eastern U.S.
SV5BHR (Rhodes, Dodecanese Islands) very active
EX8MLT (Kyrgyzstan)
VU2MKP (India)
9Y4AT (Trinidad and Tobago) I'm still looking for him!
HL2JFN (South Korea)
5N0EVR (Nigeria) I'm still looking for him!

Shawn N1HOQ summarized it pretty well when he reported a "DX feast" on AO40
the morning he worked 7 new countries.

During the month of August we can look forward to TZ (Mali) on AO40 courtesy
of Doug N6TQS.  In late September there is a good chance that HC8 (Galapagos
Islands) will be on AO40.  They way things are going I imagine some other
rare ones will pop up on AO40 during the next two months.  Then in October
will be the Christmas Island and Cocos-Keeling Island expeditions just as
AO40 begins the "bad squint" season.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA