Re: Re: RE: Geo Opportunity

>  On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, John Stephensen wrote:
>
> > There is background noise at GEO generated by the black hole(s) at the
> > center of our galaxy. At 28 MHz it is about 17 dB above thermal noise
> > at 290 K.

I need to understand this more.  IN previous emails you mention
atmospherics at 28 MHz as being +18 dB above 300K.  Now you are saying
that there is also a +17 dB contribution from exo-atmospheric sources as
well?

My experiences with sky noise have always been with pointing a high gain
beam or dish at the galactic center.  Yes, then you can hear it.  But
these are also at 2m and above.  I guess we dont hear it down at 28 MHz
usually because it is masked by the 18 dB of atmosphereic noise.

But if what you say is true, then it sounds like 10m wont work as a 14 dB
path loss advantage as an uplink any more at geo than it does on the
ground..   Please confirm.

de WB4APR, Bob