Re: Re: RE: Geo Opportunity

>>On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Keith N6ORS wrote:
>
>> ok, this is for a Mode K transponder.  21.4 mhz uplink /29.4 mhz dnlink.
>> Using 5w on the uplink (portable qrp type nuts) , and 10w (single
>> signal) on the downlink.
>
>Yes, but if you use HF for the downlink, you have to throw in 18 dB of
>atmospheric noise to the link equation which washes out all advnatages of
>the better link budget.  That is why we only planned to use 10m for uplink
>(where it has hardly any noise out at GEO)...
>
>I think...
>
>Bob

OK Bob,
well that pretty much settles it then, Mode KT (i think its mode KT)
21mhz up and 145mhz down
would seem to give us the most advantage but inverted Mode A 29/145
would have less activity
on the uplink. So that looks like the ticket. Too bad , i have been
working on a mode K for
a month or so and have it 80% designed.

These numbers assume 10watts of tx on the sat.
A 5w rig with a wire on the uplink and arrow antenna on the downlink
would make a nice portable psk-31/hellschriber setup. larger downlink
antennas would make ssb workable.

Keith (N6ORS)

Uplink 10m
TX power          5W    40 dBm