RE: Geo Opportunity

Hi Russ,
The downlink dosn't look bad. Actually it looks pretty good.
especially if we can get about 10dbw for the transponder.
Its the Up link that would be murder, without any antenna gain
on the sat you would need lotsa kilowatts on the groundstation
to get a reasonable return signal. Even if you didnt care about
a reasonable return you still need a lot of signal just to get above
the noise threshold on a sensitive transponder.
In any case, keep the thinkin caps on, maybe somebody will
have a brilliant moment and we will still be able to make use of
this opportunity.

Keith (N6ORS)