Re: R: longest land distance on AO-40

Dave wrote:

> > Well, I don't claim any record for it, but on O13 I talked to Durbin,
>South
> > Africa several times.  My antipode in San Diego is Madagascar, so I guess
> > one can't get any further than that...I've never thought about it with
>O40,
> > but at the minute I'm not sure if O40 ever gets there...

Well, AO40 gets there, but just barely!

This reminds me of a geography teacher that I had in the 5th grade in
Northern Minn. It was said that if one drilled a hole thru the center of
the earth that one would get to China...She explained how "not true" that
was and proceeded to encourage our geography grasp of the world with my
first antipodal awareness lesson...

If one wants the "longest distance" he had better live in South America,
and/or Eurasia, or many islands around the world or he'll never get the
record..

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....