Re: longest land distance on AO-40

At 09:22 PM 7/29/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Just curious what the longest claimed overland distance on AO-40 might be.
>I'll start the bidding at 16,063km (DM43di<>KG33xv).  Oddly enough Joberg
>is further away than either Perth or 8J1RF.

Well, I don't claim any record for it, but on O13 I talked to Durbin, South
Africa several times.  My antipode in San Diego is Madagascar, so I guess
one can't get any further than that...I've never thought about it with O40,
but at the minute I'm not sure if O40 ever gets there...

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....