Re: Do I need to look for a UHF AMP for AO-40 ?

Hi Ron,

I have a 2x8 CP antenna on UHF (brand unknown) for my AO-40 uplink,
with about 60' of 5/8" hardline and another 15' or so of RG-214 between
it and the radio.  I can easily hear myself on AO-40 when squints are good
with only my Yaesu 736R (25 watts) on CW, and usually can get a weak
signal on SSB.  But under poorer conditions, I do need to turn on the flame
thrower (TE systems 4410G) to complete a contact.

I look forward to working you on AO-40,

Greg  KO6TH