From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Emily Clarke
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 16:08
To: Ronald Nutter; amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Do I need to look for a UHF AMP for AO-40 ?

I'd check with Arrow before putting more than 25W into that antenna even

without the diplexer.  The elements and fittings aren't really designed
take a lot of power.

You might want to take a look at the Diamond 10 ele or 15 ele beams.
They
have more gain and are designed for up to 100w pep.

-emily

At 03:27 PM 7/29/2003 -0400, Ronald Nutter wrote:
>I am in the process of setting up my station to work through AO-40.  I
plan
>on using my ICOM 706MKIIG for the UHF uplink.  My concern is that the
radio
>will only put out about 20-25 watts on UHF and combined with the Arrow
UHF 7