Re: Do I need to look for a UHF AMP for AO-40 ?

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Emily Clarke wrote:

> I'd check with Arrow before putting more than 25W into that antenna even
> without the diplexer.  The elements and fittings aren't really designed to
> take a lot of power.

Arrow says that you can put up to 150 watts into their handheld antenna,
as long as you're not holding it.

http://www.arrowantennas.com/146-437.html

I sometimes use mine for 2M sideband work with 100 watts.  The tuning's a
little off, but swr is low enough that it works fine.

-Jeff