Re: how to find Inmarsat umbrella dishes

Hi Howard,

I'd have bought one in a second.  How much does it weigh?

73, doug

   Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:52:41 +0100 (BST)
   From: hlong@btinternet.com

   Hi Wayne.

   If I had been sensible I'd have bought all the antennas the guy in the flea market had at Dayton. I went back the next day and of course they'd all gone.

   He had perfect examples for $100 and some with a broken strut for $75. I guess you're paying for the convenience of portability, but I understand that originally you'd be paying many, many times what I paid.

   The 2' ones are really neat when folded up. More pics...

   http://www.g6lvb.com/images/dish1.jpg (250Kb)
   http://www.g6lvb.com/images/dish2.jpg (110Kb)

   The 4' units are significantly more bulky.

   73 Howard G6LVB