Re: Undeliverable mail

Don't know if this means anything, but I have noticed when checking via
webmail that some of my SAREX messages were held as "known spam".
Didn't know my ISP was doing that, but I suspect something similar may
be going on in your case depending on which mail exchanges the message
goes through on its way to amsat.org -- it's possible an admin
somewhere got burned by a spammer and is cracking down on someone else
in that IP block, or someone close to your server got RBL'ed, or any
number of other things.

It's also possible the server is getting a little confused from time to
time -- my ISP's POP server sometimes forgets my account info until
it's reset, and it's possible yours may be bouncing messages
intermittently due to something similar.  Not all mail servers are
99.99999% reliable .. anyway, it's worth having this friend forward the
bounce messages to you, because the specific error message he's getting
may tell you what's going on on your end ..

> A friend in the South Bay, non-amsat, called me on the phone, and said
> two messages he sent to me to my amsat.org addresswere returned as
> undeliverable??
>
> I got another message using my provider address saying the same thing
> when he sent me mail to my amsat.org address??
>
> Is anyone else having these problems, or is it just me??

"Go ahead and do it, you can apologize later." -- RADM Grace Hopper,
1906-1992
"The sunset is an illusion, but the beauty is real." -- Richard Bach