Re: New satellites for beginners / new members????

ATS-3 is (was? last I heard it was parked at the 105 deg neutral zone) a
relatively small FM coms satellite that I belive had 5 channels. Access was
by "appointment only" through a net control operator. This satellite
operated entirely in VHF and required an AO-13 class antenna, but provided
valuable service as a low cost communicatioins platform for researchers. Not
what you would call a beginners sat, but not too difficult either. There is
nothing basically wrong with FM satellites, we just don't seem to use them
as efficiently as we could.

Howie AB2S