RE: RE: New satellites for beginners / new members????

I know the difference. If you had a sat with maybe 4
channels there could be more activity per pass. Look
at FO-20/29, how many simultaneous users are there? If
you took all the atempts made of a single pass of
UO-14, you might be able to fit them all into a FO-29
type pass with 4 channels. That would allow more
users.

I guess what I'm trying to say, there are alot of
people that because of equipment and instructions, do
not get on the birds. Maybe the common equipment that
should be used is a multi-mode hf/vhf/uhf mobile like
the Icom 706 or Yaesu FT-100. The point is, use common
equipment and simple antennas.

I know that something can be done along those lines.
Maybe an RS (ssb/cw) type bird at a little better
orbit.

Paul