Re: New satellites for beginners / new members????

Yes, Wayne, I agree 100%...I got on one of the first FM voice birds, and
was promptly told
that it was to be used to make contacts only, and not to be used for any
sort of a rag-chew
no matter how short.  Then I did some listening for a few passes, heard the
same dude, over and
over again monopolizing the "pass time" making his "contacts".  He know who
he is.

I knew it would be an exercise in time wasting to explain to him the many,
many, wall to wall
contacts hundreds of us made on O7, O8, FO12, and on and on with
"transponder" birds...And many of them at the same time, with simultaneous
wham, bam, thank-you-maam contacts for those that chose to make them...

I can hardly wait until the bedlam occurs on Echo!

>Far more successful FM satellite contacts would be made if a few idiots
>had the basic knowledge and courtesy to NOT transmit when a QSO is in
>process.  That is, after W1ABC successfully calls W5XYZ, NOBODY except
>W5XYZ should transmit for the next 3 seconds.  The typical evening/weekend
>FM satellite pass has far more successive one-way calls than successful
>two-way contacts.

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....