Re: Beginner birds

For RS-10/11, RS-12/13 (when they were available) and AO-7 operating in Mode
A, I use an old vertical CB antenna with a 10M Bandpass filter and a
Advanced Receiver Research preamp attached to the feed point.  It works like
a charm from horizon to horizon.

For the uplink I use a tracking antenna.  Never tried a 2M Eggbeater or
Turnstile antenna but I've heard they worked reasonably well with the Mode A
birds.

'73,

John
N2HMM