From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On
Behalf Of wa6ilt@verizon.net
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 8:31 AM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] RE: Paul Lane comments

Paul, it is *not* just as easy to "put up both types".  Launches are
very scarce, very expensive, very hard to come by and different orbits
suit different types of operations.  As I remember Phil Karn (I believe
it was) commenting at one AMSAT Symposium this *is* rocket science.

Dave Reinhart
wa6ilt@NOamsat.org

Paul Lane wrote (much snipped):
I think you people are nuts. What difference does it make what satellite
I chose to start out on? Is it not just as easy to put both types of
satellite up, inform people how they may access them, and let them
decide which one they prefer?