Re: Beginner Birds

Frank,

k0blt writes:
> Not too long after I'd been on
> RS-12 an article appeared in QST that told the world how to operate this
> bird and even gave a prediction table for calulating pass times.  What an
> explosion of activity that created!!

That article sparked my interest and got me to try RS-12 using my HF rig.  I still have that article!

I'm simply not enough of a technical expert to Elmer
> someone up to AO-40 and convince that same someone that a few hundred
> bucks minimal need be invested just to get up at 1:00 A.M.
> to "perhaps"
> work a new satellite country as I am at this moment.

It was good to hear you work 7P8NK this morning.  Congratulations.  I was fortunate to work SV5BYR.  No question about it, it was worth getting up early :-))
73,
Jerry, K5OE