Re: Beginner birds

RS-10 was my first, and in my opinion, the easiest of the easy sats.  I made
many, many contacts through RS-10, quite a few with only 10 watts to a
home-made J-pole and a long wire from a backyard tree to a Radio Shack
DX-440 receiver.  At the same time, I was never able to get into AO-21.
Heard it, but couldn't ever get the antenna/power/doppler right, I guess.

The problem with RS-12/13 mode KA was all the unknowing satellite operators,
those folks carrying on otherwise normal HF contacts on 15 meters, not
knowing
that they were QRMing someone uplinking on 2 meters.

A simple Mode A bird definitely has its place among our spread of
satellites.

Greg  KO6TH