RE: RAgeo, a low cost GEO bird

>  > I hear the clark belt is getting crowded.... can we put a
>  > geostationary satellite, say 30 degrees north of the clark
>  > belt? <grin>
>
> Not physically possible.

Agreed.

Such a bird would swing between 30N and 30S on a daily basis, as it would be
essentially an orbit with a period of one day, but 30 degrees inclination.
It would appear to move around the sky in a regular pattern.

The reason a satellite can't be "parked" at (say) 30N is because the centre
of the Earth's mass has to be at one of the focii of its orbit.  This means
that the satellite _must_ cross the equator exactly twice during its orbit
(unless of course, it has an orbit of 0 degree inclination, in which case
it's always over the equator).