Re: Re: AMSAT-BB-digest V2003 #323

Paul Lane Wrote:

"Why, not pay your dues, and contribute, then let the leadership decide
what is best for the group AS A WHOLE. If you don't like what they're doing,
then vote them out. If you don't like it whatsoever, then start your own
group"

Thanks, Paul.  This was one of the MOST intelligent comments that have been
made on this reflector in quite some time.

There are MANY aspects of Amateur Radio.  Some are more challenging than
others.  That does not make one of them more correct, or more desirable.
Each person must to decide for themselves what is the most interesting mode
of operation.  There have been way too many people condemning one type of
satellite over another, or insisting that only large dishes are good enough
to be used on AO-40 and criticizing others for using smaller dishes.

Paul:

Please do not be discouraged by some of the comments that have been posted
on this reflector.  I believe that the vast majority of AMSAT members are
sane, sensible, and unselfish people, trying to advance their knowledge and
skill in space communications, whether satellite or ARISS.

Join AMSAT and help support the organization and its goals, and VOTE.
Choose what mode of satellite operations best suits your interest and
budget, get on the air, and most of all, have fun doing it.

73,

Woody
KJ4SO