Mode A satellite

Dave Reinhart wrote:

I am willing to put money and effort into a bird with Mode A
capability.  My skills as a builder are not great, but I'll pledge my
labor and $1,000 for a satellite that can do Mode A.

Wayne replies:

A Mode A LEO satellite would be a good project for one (or several) of the smaller AMSAT groups around the world.  I would generously support any AMSAT organization that chooses to build a Mode A LEO satellite because I think it's a good way to attract new satellite operators.

The larger AMSAT organizations (AMSAT-NA and AMSAT-DL) would do better to concentrate on HEO satellites, especially if other AMSAT or university groups do useful LEO projects.

Just my opinion...

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA