Re: RAgeo, a low cost GEO bird

Hi Lowell,

I think it all depends on your definition of what constitutes new
blood.  Is this young blood, or just a transfusion?

I know that a lot of people loved RS12/13, and I wish I had been around to
use them.  And I love AO-7 Mode B and hope to work Mode A soon.  But I
don't see how 10M will do as much as 2m/70cm or 70cm/23cm for attracting
new blood.  If you want young blood, go for something the techs can work
right away.  You have to offer instant gratification if you want to get
new/young people hooked.

And although I like the idea of PSK-31 or MT63,  most young people will
think the internet is more efficient, more reliable, and less costly for
keyboard to keyboard, and they would be right.  However, marry amateur
satellites with telemetry, space imagery, worldwide APRS and some other
things that terrestrial systems can't offer, then I think you will capture
people's imaginations.

Just my 0.02 USD.

-emily