Re: RAgeo, a low cost GEO bird

It's a very interesting idea!

An  "anemometer" satellite!

I like the concept... will have to think it through a bit more.  The incentive seems strong - a fuel-less (positioning) GEO satellite.  Hmm.

What do you think the range of costs would be to do this? (Given transponder costs, etc).

The idea of possibly offering 10M operation, possibly PSK-31 (I LIKE it!) is attractive for getting new blood into the hobby. Other bands? I'd lean to 432 more than 2M or  1.2/2.4Ghz.  partly due to the power budget, partly due to ease of eqpt access, though 2.4 Ghz downlinks are pretty easy to come by now.

I like the wide beamwidth possibility - even at some gain loss.

73 de Lowell. K9LDW.