RAgeo, a low cost GEO bird

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, Wes Johnston wrote:

> I hear the clark belt is getting crowded.... can we put a geostationary
> satellite, say 30 degrees north of the clark belt? <grin>

I had a phone call last week asking if we had anything for a geo ride?
I said, no, but lemme think about it.  Here is what I came up with as a
low cost GEO transponder that will not have to have any propulsion or
attitude control.  It uses differential radiometric solar pressure to
align to the sun.  Then we switch antennas to support users:

 http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/RAgeo.html

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob