RE: AO-40 FEC

Here is the rub from a developer's standpoint:

On Linux, once you get a stable OS up (which takes learning and effort,
yes), 90% of you effort can go to developing algorithms and functionality in
your programming efforts,  10% is for "GUI" and "UI" efforts, and
interfacing with the OS.

In windows programming, this is reversed.  The OS does nothing for a
programmer, actually hindering a programmer because of the wierd
interfaces... The whole ".NET" framework stuff is supposed to correct this,
and does help somewhat, but still, 90% of effort on a Windows program is GUI
and 10% is algorithms/functionality.

Since Phil is working on debugging the ALGORITHM now, it makes very good
sense to put it on a programmer friendly platform, that also uses standard
language calls, and then someone who is a windows developer can but the
effort on to porting the beast to Win32...

But, Phil's a volunteer, he should be able to pick the simpler platform to
code to.

Fred W0FMS