Re: Logging satellite contacts

>2) Insert a Y connector into the radio.  Connect the one side to a cassette
>or MD recorder. (I used an MD but I think a cassette would have been
better.)

Two advantages of the Digital or MD recorder:

1) I have found that RF gets into my standard tape recorder.

2) almost all have a timer display...  when you start recording, say the
current time out loud, then plug in the audio of the HT...  it gives you a
time stamp, so as you
listen back to the pass, you simply add the time on the recorder
counter to get an accuarte time satmp of your QSOs

Bill
w1pa