RE: Re: Doppler Tuning for AO40 with NOVA

Howard,

I found that there is approximately at -500Hz/degree C shift in the beacon
frequency with the temp of the S2 transmitter.  The nominal frequency is,
very approximately, at 22 C.  When I had my station configured for maximum
stability, I could read the rig downlink, check my tables, and the
calculated S2 temp agreed with the telemetry to within a degree or two, even
during eclipse passes.  Not bad with a temperature resolution of .63 C, and
a remarkable stability for a hostile environment.  The people who build the
transmitter did an outstanding job!

Alan

What doesn't kill you,
makes you sore.