From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Alan P. Biddle
Sent: 16 July 2003 14:22
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] RE: 847 vs. TS-2000

I don't know if it is a CON vice the TS-2000, but a basic CON of the FT-847
is a mediocre frequency stability with changes in temperature.  It does
"meet specs," but those specs are not very tight.  That having been said, I
have used an FT-847 for nearly 5 years with great results and have no desire
to replace it.

Alan
WA4SCA

The simplest way to explain the behavior of any
bureaucratic organization is to assume that it is
controlled by a cabal of its enemies.

Robert Conquest