Re[2]: SO-50 first qso

Hello Don,

Thursday, July 17, 2003, 5:55:00 AM, you wrote:

> SO-50 SAUDISAT-1C
> Uplink: 145.850 MHz (67.0 Hz PL tone)
> Downlink: 436.800 MHz
> Launched: December 20, 2002 aboard a converted Soviet ballistic missile
> from the Baikonur Cosmodrome.
> SO-50 carries several experiments, including a mode J FM amateur repeater
> experiment operating on 145.850 MHz uplink and 436.800 MHz downlink. The
> repeater is available to amateurs worldwide as power permits, using a 67.0
> Hertz tone on the uplink, for on-demand activation.

few days ago I asked here on the reflector:

is there an easy to follow scheme when SO-50 ist switched on? Where do you
get the information from? I tried out SO-50 few days ago and it worked
fine, but the next day it was silent. Must I try every orbit if it is on or
not?

I have not received any response yet. Is there anybody who knows? BTW, I
found that the nominal downlink frequency seems to be 5 kHz lower, 436.795 MHz.

73,
 Reinhard
 DJ1KM