Re: Re: Conference on Small Satellites

Of course your right Dan, this conference is primarily for commercial
users that would dearly like to use amateur frequencies unless some
useful compromise can be made.  A possible solution is fully described
in the Nov 2002 AMSAT 20th Proceedings:  "Making a Case for Amateur
Spectrum through Research, Education and Industry Cooperation." If most
AMSAT members only knew how difficult it is to scrap for ham radio in
this environment we would enjoy your support.  I've foolishly paid the
entrance and travel fee while volunteering at Cal Poly!  My retirement
ten years ago is sufficient financial benefit.  Far more to the point,
observe what is being discussed and how industry is going about it.  Do
read the abstracts and then determine how strong AMSAT's position is in
the real world.  THAT's what this all about.  I'll help but not push!!!

Cliff K7RR/W6HDO  Life member of AMSAT and Project OSCAR for 40+ years.