Future of AMSAT

Like many others I've been reading all the comments in the latest discussion
with a great deal of interest...I've operated all satellites in many of the
various modes begining with Oscar 7 in 1979.  My membership in AMSAT came
along sometime
later, split membership, as I remember it, and I will continue to support AMSAT
to some degree.

I vote for the BOD using what ever knowledge I have available...I don't
tell them
how to run their business, though some of them through out the years have
looked
askance when I suggested things I would like to see happen (or not happen!).

I will continue to do what I have been doing.

Here is what I would like to see in future operations:

1. leos ok, if they have a transponder, with ssb/cw and/or digital capability
capable of providing COMMUNICATIONS.  NOT something that will just return my
callsign...I can send myself a message on here if I want to see my callsign..

2. heos in any way, shape or form similar to what we've already launched, or to
include new frequencies and/or some of the digital COMMUNICATIONS
procedures we've
been seeing recently.

Here is what I don't want if they spend our much needed dollars to provide the
above two items....If we get those, then I don't care what else is done
with the
money.

If two user FM voice and IRISS is going to waste our dollars that will provide
#1 and #2 above, then I won't tell the BOD what to do either, because I will no
longer be a member.......

That is exactly how I would fill out a survey if one ever comes along...

Hope to see all of you in Toronto....

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....