RE: 847 vs. TS-2000

A "pro" got left out of the TS-2K list: no filters to buy.  The digital filters on the 2K mean no additional IF filters to buy.  My experience is that they work very well.  Strangely enough the weak point in noise reduction appears to be the noise blanker.  These circuits have been around so long you figure the engineers would have them down cold but the NB on the 2K is not as good as the one on the 440S it replaced in my shack.

Dave Reinhart
wa6ilt@amsat.org