Re: Which is better: TS-2000 or FT-847

Hi Daniel,

Hmmm.

In the role of Area Coordinator I wonder if you should answer that question
- what if he's unhappy with the selection afterwards?  It could reflect
badly on the organization. I've found radio selection to be a very personal
matter.  Instead of telling him which is better, why not help him compare
features, talk to people who own them, and let him reach his own conclusions?

73,

Emily

At 08:39 PM 7/15/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>As am Amsat Area Coordinator I am sometimes asked questions that I cannot
>answer. Several days ago a gentleman called me to ask about whether he should
>buy a Kenwood TS-2000 or a Yeasu FT-847 for use as a satellite radio. I do not
>own either radio but I promised to find an answer for him.
>
>If you have recently purchased either of these radios after considering the
>other one, please email your reasons for choosing one radio over the other and
>I will forward your answers to him. It is not my intention to start a new
>Amsat-BB thread, so please send your answer direct to me and not to the
>Amsat-BB list.
>
>Thanks
>
>Dan Schultz N8FGV

W0EEC - CM87tm