Which is better: TS-2000 or FT-847

As am Amsat Area Coordinator I am sometimes asked questions that I cannot
answer. Several days ago a gentleman called me to ask about whether he should
buy a Kenwood TS-2000 or a Yeasu FT-847 for use as a satellite radio. I do not
own either radio but I promised to find an answer for him.

If you have recently purchased either of these radios after considering the
other one, please email your reasons for choosing one radio over the other and
I will forward your answers to him. It is not my intention to start a new
Amsat-BB thread, so please send your answer direct to me and not to the
Amsat-BB list.

Thanks

Dan Schultz N8FGV